MyBGSU BGSU Email Search Directory Academics Admissions The Arts Athletics Library A to Z Links Bowling Green State University
Fall 2014 Undergraduate Catalog
Admissions and Transfer Policies
Acceptable noncollegiate sources for credit transfer
Program on Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI). The American Council on Education (ACE) acts as a recommending agency for coursework offered by diverse noncollegiate organizations. Course descriptions, together with credit recommendations, are available in ACE's National Guide to Credit Recommendations for Noncollegiate Courses.
- Credit is accepted generally as recommended by ACE for lower-division (1000-2000 level) courses at BGSU;
- Course credit recommendations for work which is on the upper-division (3000-4000 level) at BGSU may be subject to validation by appropriate departments before credit can be granted.
Educational experiences in the armed services. The American Council on Education (ACE) also accredits work offered by the U.S. armed services. Course descriptions and credit recommendations are available in its publication Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.
- Credit is accepted generally as recommended by ACE;
- Normally, all credit accepted is non-equivalent course credit;
- Equivalent course credit where appropriate may be subject to evaluation and recommendation of appropriate departments.
- Credit for experiential learning may be granted for educational experience outside the classroom that corresponds to material taught at the University;
- Credit for experiential learning may be granted through Credit by Examination;
- An $80 fee is assessed for each course granted for successful completion of the Credit by Examination for validation of experiential learning;
- Experiential learning is also measured by portfolio assessment. Further information regarding portfolio submission procedures is available at the Nontraditional Student Services office or at www.bgsu.edu/ntss
Office of Registration and Records | 110 Administration Building | 419-372-8441