+ Moderate/Intensive Intervention Specialist
451 Education, 419-372-7293
This is a highly competitive program that requires meeting additional admission criteria. Consult the Undergraduate Student Service office, 365 Education, for additional information. A graduate completing a moderate/intensive (ages 5-21) education major is eligible for an intervention specialist certificate/license, providing that he or she has a 2.5 accumulative grade point average and has successfully completed the appropriate Praxis examinations. You must possess an overall GPA of 2.75 for admission.
Upon completion of the baccalaureate degree, candidates for the moderate/intensive license are expected to:
- Assess, diagnose, and evaluate learners with special needs;
- Design instructional content for delivery to learners with special needs;
- Plan and manage the behavior, social interactions, and learning environment of learners with special needs;
- Collaborate in the delivery of services to learners with special needs;
- Meet professional expectations for ethical practice in the delivery of services to learners with special needs, given the philosophical, historical, and legal foundations of special education.