Professor Emeritus, Canadian Studies and Economics 1991- 2007
- Ph.D., Indiana University
- M.A., Indiana University
- B.A., City College of New York
- Program Enhancement Grants, Government of Canada, 1997-2006.
- Reddin Symposium Fundraising of $80,000 to establish Endowment Fund (includes $10,000 matching Grant from Government of Canada received March, 1997).
- Library Matching Grants, Canadian and Québec Governments, 1994-2006.
- Pallister French-Canadian Lecture Series, matching grant from the Government of Canada to establish an endowment.
- Jointly awarded (with University of Akron) $6,650 grant from Government of Canada to test the feasibility of establishing a “virtual” Canadian studies roundtable, 2000.
- $2,500 grant from Government of Canada for Ohio Canadian Studies Roundtables Assessment, 1998.
- $6,000 Canadian Embassy Research Grant to study Canadian trade with the U.S. and Asia, 1997.
- Research: Canadian economy; U.S.-Canada trade and Foreign Direct Investment; Teaching Canadian Studies in the U.S. Teaching: CAST 201 - Introduction to Canadian Studies, CAST 400-NAFTA and the North American Economy.
- Participant, National Security Studies Seminar, Canadian Forces College (Toronto), April-May, 2007.
- “East Meets West in the Canadian Oil Sands,” ACSUS Colloquium, Anchorage, September, 2006.
- Participant, National Security Studies Seminar, Canadian Forces College (Toronto), April-May, 2006
- Moderator, Beyond Borders: A Workshop on Trends in Secure Trade, Toledo, June 6, 2006.
- “Growing Under Glass: Analyzing the Greenhouse Industry in Canada and the U.S.”, 18th ACSUS Biennial, St. Louis, November 2005.
- “Walking Through the Chapters of a Canadian Studies Text,” 18th ACSUS Biennial, St. Louis, November 2005.
- “Homeland Security at the Local Level,” Midwest Legislative Conference, Regina, SK, July 31, 2005.
- “The Failure of the Third and Triumph of the Third Option,” ACSUS Colloquium, Vancouver, BC, October 2004.
- “Homeland Security in Ohio,” Center for Regional Development (BGSU), State of the Region Conference, April 25, 2005.
- “Canada 101 in One Lesson,” Owens Corning Multicultural Network, Toledo, April 26, 2005.
- Canadian Studies in the New Millennium, co-edited, (University of Toronto Press, 2008).
- “The Canadian Economy,” coauthored, in Canadian Studies in the New Millennium, (University of Toronto Press, 2008).
- “East Meets West in the Canadian Oil Sands,” American Review of Canadian Studies, 37, no. 2 (Summer 2007): 177-183.
- The Elections of 2000: Politics, Culture, and Economics in North America, co-edited, University of Akron Press, 2005.
- “The Economic Environment of the 2000 National Elections,” in The Elections of 2000, University of Akron Press, 2005.
- “The Importance of International Business at the Local Level,” coauthored, Business Horizons, Volume 43, Number 3, May-June 2000, pp. 35-42.
- “Ohio-Canadian Agricultural Trade: A Flourishing Partnership,” coauthored, Ohio’s Challenge: Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics, Fall 1998/Winter 1999, published by the Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics, The Ohio State University, pp. 15-18.
- “Estonia in Transition,” coauthored, The Journal of Economic Issues, Volume 33, Number 4, December, 1999, pp. 919-931.
- “The Canadian Economy,” coauthored, Introducing Canada, Washington DC: National Council for the Social Studies, 1997, pp. 75-90.
- “Canadian Direct Investment in the United States: An Ohio Perspective,” coauthored, Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, Volume 14, Number 2, June 1997, pp. 178-187.
- “NAFTA Sets Course for U.S./Canada Trade,” FORUM for Applied Research and Public Policy, Summer, 1995, pp. 38-42.
- “Canada-Ohio Economic Relations,” Economic Development Review, Spring, 1993, pp. 46-50.
- “Canada-Ohio Cross-Border Business Directory,” published eleven editions.
- “Ohio Canadian Studies Roundtable Annual Report,” coauthored 1993-2006.
- Proceedings from annual Reddin Symposia, BGSU, coedited, 1993-2006.
- “A Comparison of Business Costs in Northwest Ohio, Ontario, and Québec,” coauthored, September, 1997.