Canadian Studies Program
|About the Center | Mission | CBA | A&S|
Canada is Ohio's top foreign economic and political partner. Nearly half of Ohio's exports go to Canada. Canadian foreign direct investment in Ohio and exports to Canada sustain thousands of Ohio Businesses and their employees. Ohio and Ontario share an international border, necessitating a coordinated approach between state, provincial, and federal entities regarding immigration, customs, security, and other border matters. In 2006 over 500,000 Canadian tourists visited the buckeye state, spending over $100,000 million.
Specialized workshops are offered on a regular basis.
Previous workshops include:
- Canada-US Security Cooperation Conference
- Beyond Borders: A Workshop on Trends in Secure Trade
- Canadian Design Lecture Series
- Ontario-Ohio Community Economic Development Workshops
- Business Partnering Opportunities Workshop
- Canada on the Internet Workshop
- Quebec-Ohio Strategic Alliances Workshop
- Canadian Direct Investment in the United States: An Executive Workshop
- Doing Business with Canada: An Export Workshop
Past and Current Partners & Sponsors