School of Human Movement, Sport, & Leisure Studies
Admissions and Retentions
TOURISM, LEISURE, and EVENT PLANNING MAJOR
· Declare your intent to be a Tourism, Leisure, and Event Planning Major at the Office of Student and Academic Services for the College of Education and Human Development (365 Education Building, phone: 419.372.7372). This office can assist in planning your initial courses for the Tourism, Leisure, and Event Planning Major. Declare any minors at this office also.
· After declaring your intent to major at Office of Student and Academic Services for the College of Education and Human Development, a faculty advisor will be assigned and you must meet the following Matriculation requirements for entry into the Tourism, Leisure, and Event Planning Major:
· Require a 2.50 accumulative GPA.
· Complete TLEP 1900, TLEP 2100, and TELEP 2150 with a 2.50 average
· Complete 30-32 hours of BG Perspective
· Maintain a 2.5 GPA to be eligible for field experience work (TLEP 3870, 4870, and 4880)
· A minor is recommended. Minors in General Business, International Business, Entrepreneurship, Journalism, and Marketing are suggested.