Master of Education in Classroom Technology
How to Apply
Once a location for an off-campus site is chosen, usually an informational meeting for educators in surrounding areas is advertised and held. The meeting is simply informational and there is no obligation for those who attend. If you are unable to attend the informational meeting, you may contact Allison Goedde at firstname.lastname@example.org or (419) 372-7394 for additional information, and you must contact her if you decide to apply. Click here to see currently scheduled informational meetings.
If you are interested in the full-time option for the program and desire an assistantship, apply by January to begin summer classes and obtain an assistantship for fall/spring.
Steps for applying to the Master's of Education in Classroom Technology Program or the Computer Technology Endorsement Certificate Program
Once you have decided to apply to the program follow these steps, detailed below, to complete the application process.
Tasks may be done in any order, except Step 1 should be done first if you are applying less than eight weeks before the start of the courses.
|1. Write a “Letter of Interest.” (Indicate whether you are interested in the endorsement or the Master's degree. Also indicate if you wish to take all your coursework exclusively online and if you desire full or part-time coursework.)|
|2. Apply to the Graduate College (online application)|
|3. Request transcripts|
|4. Request 3 letters of reference|
|5. Submit Praxis II Scores or Schedule the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Also take the Wayfind Assessment online once admitted.|
|6. Request a reference for Dispositions|
Application forms are available through links below, but you may also obtain them in print at an informational meeting or dinner, or by contacting Allison Goedde at email@example.com or (419) 372-7394.
If you are applying less than two months before the first class starts, do the following task first:
1. Send a letter of interest to Allison Goedde via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at School of Teaching and Learning, 529 Education Building, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403. In the letter include:
- Specification of the cohort to which you are applying, such as "On-Campus/Perrysburg Cohort, Summer, 2008" or "Sandusky Cohort, Fall 2008." Note whether you are interested in face-to-face or online coursework, and full or part-time.
- One to three paragraphs describing your experience with technology, and particularly technology in the classroom.
- One to three paragraphs describing what interests you about earning a master's degree in classroom technology. (Why are you applying for this program?)
2 & 3. Complete the Graduate College application and request transcripts.
- You may apply online to the Graduate College at http://choose.bgsu.edu/apply/online/?graduate or request the printed form from the Graduate College.
Please use the online application form. In the event that you must apply via paper, send the paperwork to the Graduate College at the address noted above.
- When applying, be sure to indicate that you are requesting a program/degree from the College of Education and Human Development, and that you are requesting the Classroom Technology Program or the Computer Technology Endorsement Certificate.
(Choosing a degree in the Career and Technology Education program is a common mistake and, unfortunately, slows the application process considerably.)
- Have two official transcripts from each college you have attended sent to the Graduate College (Official transcripts from BGSU courses do not have to be requested.)
Transcripts should be sent directly from each higher education instruction you have attended to the Graduate College.
Allison Goedde, School of Teaching and Learning, 529 Education Building, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403 or have the referring person send the reference via e-mail directly to email@example.com. At your option, reference forms (pdf format) may be used in place of, or in addition to, letters.
5. Submit Praxis II scores or Schedule the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test and have results sent to the BGSU Graduate College. Read more about the GRE. Fully detailed GRE information is available at the GRE web site, http://www.gre.org/. The Graduate Coordinator will send you more information on taking the Wayfind Assessment once you have processed the rest of your application materials.
- Download and print the Dispositions form
- Enter your name and your university ID or social security number in the spaces at the top. Leave the "Class/Experience and/or Location" blank.
- Ask an administrator, or the administrator's choice of a person who knows you well, to complete the form and send it to Allison Goedde, School of Teaching and Learning, 529 Education Building, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403.