Infantry Units: 6th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
Infantry units were recruited from all over the state. Those represented in detail here are the ones recruited primarily from northwest Ohio counties and those whose members wrote to local newspapers. More information will be added as it becomes available.
This Regiment was organized at Camp Dennison, Ohio, in June 1861 to serve three years. It was mustered out July 23, 1864, by reason of expiration of term of service.
Some of the battles in which this unit participated include:
- Laurel Hill, WV, July 8, 1861
- Shiloh, TN, April 6-7, 1862
- Corinth, MS (Siege of), April 30, 1862
- Stone River, TN, December 31, 1862-January 2, 1863
- Chickamauga, GA, September 19-20, 1863
- Brown's Ferry, TN, October 27, 1863
- Orchard Knob, TN, November 23, 1863
- Missionary Ridge, TN, November 25, 1863