Artillery Units: 12th Ohio Battery, Independent Light Artillery

Artillery units were recruited from all over the state. Those represented in detail here are the ones recruited primarily from northwest Ohio counties.

12th Ohio Battery, Independent Light Artillery

This Battery, formerly Company D, 25th Regiment Ohio Volunteer Infantry, was organized at Camp Jackson, Ohio, June 8, 1861, to serve three years. It was permanently detached, as a battery, March 17, 1862. On the expiration of its term of service, the original members, except veterans, were mustered out and the organziation, composed of veterans and recruits retained in service until July 10, 1865, when it was musterd out at Camp Chase, Ohio, by B. L. Fletcher, Lieutenant 4th Cavalry, US Army, in accordance with orders from the War Department.

Some of the battles in which this unit participated include:

Roster

Officers

Alphonso E. Gregory