Infantry Units: 166th Ohio Volunteer Infantry

Infantry units were recruited from all over the state. Those represented in detail here are the ones recruited primarily from northwest Ohio counties and those whose members wrote to local newspapers. More information will be added as it becomes available.

This Regiment was organized at Camp Cleveland, Ohio, May 13 and 15, 1864, to serve one hundred days. It was composed of the 59th Battalion, Ohio National Guard, from Holmes County; 63rd Regiment, Ohio National Guard, from Huron County; and one company of the 52nd Battalion, Ohio National Guard, from Wayne County. Immediately after muster-in, the regiment proceeded to Virginia, and was placed on duty in Forts Richardson, Barnard, Reynolds, Ward, and Worth, with headquarters at Fort Richardson. The Regiment returned to Ohio and was mustered out September 9, 1864, on expiration of its term of service.

Roster - Company H

John E. LaBarre