Infantry Units: 184th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
Infantry units were recruited from all over the state. Those represented in detail here are the ones recruited primarily from northwest Ohio counties and those whose members wrote to local newspapers. More information will be added as it becomes available.
This Regiment was organized at Camp Chase, Ohio, in February 1865 to serve one year. Immediately after muster-in, the Regiment was ordered to Nashville, TN, where it remained for a short time doing garrison duty. From Nashville, it proceeded to Chattanooga, thence to Bridgeport, AL, which place it reached about March 21, and was engaged in protecting an important railroad bridge over the Tennessee River. It also guarded the track of the railroad between Bridgeport and Chattanooga, a distance of about thirty miles. On July 25, the 184th was ordered to Edgefield for garrison duty, and remained at that place until it was mustered out of service, September 20, 1865, at Nashville, TN.
Roster - Field and Staff
At this writing, no correspondence from officers or enlisted personnel of the 184th OVI has been identified.
Articles about the Unit/Anonymous Letters
Toledo Blade- 2/21/1865