Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
BGSU Sports History Notebooks - MS 490
The collection was compiled by Dr. Nancy Spencer from research done by her class, Sports Management 2210: History & Philosophy of Sport. No restrictions have been placed on the use of the collection for research purposes.
The finding aid was prepared by Stephen Sonnenberg, Practicum Student, in February of 2012.
These notebooks primarily focus on the rosters of the players that have been involved with the sports program at Bowling Green State University. This series of notebooks also includes excerpts of BGSU sports history in print outs of online articles, newspaper articles, and oral interview transcripts with people affiliated with the sports programs at BGSU. This collection is useful for a general history of certain sports at BGSU, the yearly results, and to find out what players where affiliated with the sports programs and the specific program statistical leaders.
Arranged alphabetically by sport
These notebooks contain yearly rosters, newspaper clippings, and oral interviews.
- Baseball (Men) – 1920-2010
- Basketball (Men) – 1915-2010
- Basketball (Women) – 1976-2010
- Cross Country (Men) – 1927-2010
- Cross Country (Women) – 1976-2010
- Football (Men) – 1920-2010
- Golf (Men) – 1930-2010
- Golf (Women) – 1945-2010
- Gymnastics (W) - 1974-2010
- Ice Hockey (Men) – 1968-2010
- Soccer (Men) – 1965-2010
- Soccer (Women) – 1977-2010
- Softball (Women) – 1981-2010
- Swimming (Women) – 1980-2010
- Tennis (Women) – 1974-2010
- Track & Field – 1976-2010
- Volleyball – 1977-2010
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy