Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
Ohio Council of Higher Education Retirees Collection - MS 1188
The Ohio Council of Higher Education Retirees Collection consists mostly of minutes and reports related to the organization’s meetings. The material in the collection dates from 1992 to 2012 and documents much of the group’s history over the majority of its existence. The collection was donated to the Center for Archival Collections on July 15, 2013 by Roger Anderson.
No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication may be permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. This register was completed by undergraduate student assistant Emily Schoenlein in July 2013, with revisions by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts.
The Ohio Council of Higher Education Retirees, also known as OCHER, was officially founded in 1994 as a nonprofit organization that supports the formation of retiree organizations at each member institution within the Public Universities of Ohio. It is a network of retiree organizations that provides communication between groups and advocates on issues affecting retirees. Bowling Green State University joined OCHER in 1995.
The Ohio Council of Higher Education Retirees Collection consists primarily of minutes from the group’s meetings over the years and reports created from the information discussed at these meetings, as well as annual reports on the organization as a whole. The collection also includes newsletters from the various retirees associations involved in OCHER and information relating to the group’s work with pension advocacy and with STRS and ORTA. The material in the collection spans almost the entire length of the organization’s existence, from 1994 to 2012 as well as back to 1992 when the planning of the organization began.
Includes constitutions for the various retiree associations within OCHER as well as the general OCHER constitution.
Includes agendas, minutes, and related material from OCHER meetings.
Includes communications regarding OCHER’s pension advocacy for state retirees.
Includes the origin and history of OCHER.
Includes information about previous OCHER president Chalmer Hixson.
Includes material about STRS, ORTA, and PERS, groups related to OCHER.
Includes information about OCHER’s work with pension advocacy such as the issues and reports from government organizations.
Includes reports detailing OCHER issues and other problems affecting retirees and their potential solutions.
Includes reports on everything happening with OCHER and some of their member organizations throughout the year.
SCRAPBOOK AND SCRAPBOOKS MATERIALS
Includes newsletters from the various member organizations within OCHER.
Includes photographs from OCHER events and of members.
Includes a printout of the OCHER website, which no longer exists.
- OCHER constitutions, n.d.
- Meeting minutes, 1992-1993
- Meeting minutes, 1993-1994
- Meeting minutes, 1994-1995
- Meeting minutes, 1995-1996
- Meeting minutes, 1996-1997
- Meeting minutes, 1997-1998
- Meeting minutes, 1998-1999
- Meeting minutes, 1999-2000
- Meeting minutes, 2000-2001
- Meeting minutes, 2001-2002
- Meeting minutes, 2002-2003
- Meeting minutes, 2003-2004
- Meeting minutes, 2004-2005
- Meeting minutes, 2005-2006
- Meeting minutes, 2006-2007
- Meeting minutes, 2007-2008
- Meeting minutes, 2008-2009
- Meeting minutes, 2009-2010
- Pension advocacy correspondence, 2006-2007
- Origin & history, n.d.
- Chalmer Hixson information, n.d.
- ORTA information, n.d.
- STRS & ORTA information, n.d.
- STRS & PERS, information n.d.
- Pension advocacy issues, 2006-2007
- Pension advocacy information, 2006-2007
- Pension advocacy reports, 2006-2007
- Monthly reports, 2005-2006
- Monthly reports, 2007-2008
- Monthly reports, 2009-2010
- Annual report, 1996-1997
- Annual report, 1997-1998
- Annual report, 1998-1999
- Annual report, 1999-2000
- Annual report, 2000-2001
- Annual report, 2001-2002
- Annual report, 2003-2004
- Annual report, 2004-2005
- Annual report, 2005-2006
- Annual report, 2006-2007
- Annual report, 2007-2008
- Annual report, 2008-2009
- Annual report, 2009-2010
- Annual report, 2010-2011
- Annual report, 2011-2012
- Pension advocacy articles, 2006-2007
- Member organizations’ newsletters, 1994-1998
- Member organizations’ newsletters, 1999-2001
- Member organizations’ newsletters, 2002-2004
- Photographs, 1994
- Photographs, n.d.
- Website printout, n.d.
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy