Historical Collections of the Great Lakes
|HCGL Manuscripts | HCGL Databases | Reference Services | CAC Homepage|
Government Weather Station #85: Alpena, Michigan - GLMS 23
The journals of the Alpena, Michigan, Weather Station document the station's daily activities between 1872 and 1917.
The daily journals, which are in chronological order, record the weather conditions, such as storms, signals, aureole and lunar halo sightings, sunset predictions, and barometer readings. In addition to the weather, there is mention of visitors to the station and vessel movements. Charts on monthly storms, instrument checks, and comparative barometer readings also are included.
The periods preceding 1872, from 1883-1884, and after 1917, are lacking documentation in the Alpena collection.
There is no history known of this agency.
Contains information on daily weather conditions, monthly instrument checks, storm signals, and vessel movements.
Volumes: Daily Journals
- September 10, 1872-December 31, 1875
- January 1, 1876-December 31, 1877
- January 1, 1878-December 31, 1878
- January 1-1879-December 31, 1880
- January 1, 1881-December 31 1882
- May 1, 1885-January 31, 1887
- February 1, 1887-October 31, 1888
- November 1, 1888-December 31, 1890
- January 1, 1891-December 31, 1892
- January 1, 1905-December 31, 1917
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy