Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Overbrook Presbyterian Church (Columbus, Ohio) - MS 85 mf
The records of the Overbrook Presbyterian Church (known as the Oakland Park Presbyterian Church from 1915 to 1973) were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming on May 29, 1992 with the cooperation of the church's pastor, Tom Green.
No restrictions have been placed on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted. The collection was processed for microfilming and a register prepared by Monica Manny in June 1992.
The collection of the Overbrook Presbyterian Church consists of five volumes of record books dating from 1915 to the present. The record books were a standard registry system published by the Board of Christian Education of the Presbyterian Church in the USA. Registry sections are evident in each volume for the documentation of pastors, elders, deacons, trustees, communicants, suspended, inactive or affiliate members, baptisms, marriages, and deaths. The pastoral register from 1915 forward was carried over into each volume and, while each volume has a primary time frame documenting a period of ten or twenty years, entries were accordingly added to bring member information contained in any volume up to date. Communicants were recorded in chronological order. However, an alphabetical index immediately follows the communicant registry in each volume.
- Record Book, 1915-1955
- Record Book (1915) 1935-1957 (1992)
- Record Book (1915) 1955-1967 (1992)
- Record Book (1915) 1967-1976 (1992)
- Record Book (1915) 1977-1992
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy