Center for Archival Collections

Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage

United Church of Christ (Columbus Grove, Ohio) - MS 122 mf

Introduction | Order of Microfilming

 Introduction

Records from the United Church of Christ of Columbus Grove, Ohio, 1856-1981, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, with the cooperation of Dave Morgan, the Putnam County District Library, and the United Church of Christ in August of 1994.

The congregation was previously known as the Pleasant Grove Christian Church, the Columbus Grove Christian Church, and the Congregational Christian Church. Records included are baptisms, marriages, memberships, certificates of transfer and letters of dismission, financial records, and scrapbooks of the church's centennial and 125th anniversary celebrations.

 Order of Microfilming

Roll 1

  1. Record Book, 1856-1879
  2. Record Book, 1902-1914 (1858-1919)
  3. Record Book, 1915-1926 (1834-1935)
  4. Record Book, 1938-1953
  5. Record Book, 1953-1964
  6. Certificates of Transfer, 1927, 1940-1954
  7. Letters of Dismission, 1955-1959
  8. Letters of Dismission, 1960-1974

Roll 2

  1. Treasurer's Reports, 1962-1973
  2. Receipt and Abstract--Legal Papers, 1964
  3. Minute Book--Building Committee, 1908-1909
  4. Project File--Church Redecoration, 1932-1939
  5. Pamphlets--Dedication Day Services, 1964
  6. Pamphlets--125th Anniversary, 1981
  7. Scrapbook--Centennial Celebration, 1956 (1899-1956)
  8. Scrapbook--Centennial Celebration, 1956 (1910-1956)
  9. Scrapbook--Centennial Celebration, 1956 (1914-1955)
  10. Scrapbook Material--125th Anniversary, 1981
  11. Photographs, 1905, ca. 1956, n.d.
  12. Ink Drawing, n.d.

United Church of Christ Bibliography | Putnam County Churches
Manuscripts by Subject | Churches by Denomination | Churches by Location