Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Stephen United Church of Christ (Sandusky, Ohio) - MS 346 mf
The records of St. Stephen's Church, Sandusky, Ohio were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, in February 1984, with the cooperation of Anita Feick. St. Stephen's Church began in 1882 as the German Evangelical Protestant St. Stephen's Congregation. This was changed to the Evangelical and Reformed Church in 1934, and finally St. Stephen's United Church of Christ in 1957.
The collection (1881-1980) consists of four record books containing lists of births, deaths, marriages, confirmations, officers, and communing members. The first three volumes are written in German and not translated. The final volume, in English, also contains a history of the congregation and list of pastors from 1919. There is a gap as the records themselves (baptisms, marriages, etc.) start in 1965.
There are no restrictions on the research use of this collection. The finding aid was prepared by Susan Hagemeyer in February 1984.
- Record Book, 1881-1892
- Record Book, 1889-1907
- Record Book, 1908-1948
- Record Book, 1919-1980
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy