Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Epworth Methodist Church (Lima, Ohio) - MS 361 mf
The Epworth Methodist Church collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, with the cooperation of Linda Laing, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Lima, Ohio and Reverend Ralph H. Eckert in January 1998.
This collection consists of five (5) record books containing Baptisms and Marriages as early as 1896 through 1973. Also included in these volumes are lists of pastors, probationers, members, classes, and some Ladies' Aid Society reports. The remaining two (2) volumes are a Treasurer's Book and an index to all the volumes.
These records were photocopied from the originals by Lowell V. Dunahay, Sebring, Florida in 1991 and donated to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Lima. The original volumes were at that time in the possession of Reverend Ralph H. Eckert, retired pastor of several Methodist churches in western Pennsylvania from 1933 to 1970. In 1991, Rev. Eckert was living in Pennsylvania.
This register was prepared in January 1998 by Susan Hughes. No restrictions apply to the use of this collection.
- Index to Record Books, Miscellany and Treasurer's Book, 1895-1930
- Record Book (contains records of pastors, probationers, members and marriages), 1895-1906
- Record Book (contains records of pastors and statistics, probationers, members and marriages), 1895-1907
- Record Book (contains records of pastors and statistics, probationers, members, classes, baptisms and marriages), 1907-1923
- Record Book (contains records members, baptisms and marriages), 1925-1930
- Miscellaneous Records (Certificates of Membership, Withdrawals, Ladies' Aid Society Reports and Marriage Licenses), 1906-1973
- Treasurer's Book, 1909-1926
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy