Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Newill-Planson Funeral Home Collection - MS 374 mf
The records from the Newill-Planson Company (Furniture and Undertaking), Delta, Ohio, were loaned to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming by Ruth Niederhoff, during September 1984. The collection consists of five volumes of funeral registers dating from October 1910 until December 1946 when the business closed. Each volume is arranged chronologically by date of death and includes an alphabetical index located in the front of the volume. As the information given in each volume differs, a description is included for each volume in the inventory.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this microfilm edition. The register was prepared by Ann Bowers in September 1984.
- Funeral Register. Includes name and residence of deceased, date of death and burial, cause of death, certifying physician's name, place of funeral and burial, bill and brief description of funeral arrangements. October 17, 1910-July 22, 1918.
- Funeral Register. Includes name and age of deceased, date of death and burial, place and cause of death, physician's name, place of burial, minister's name, bill and brief description of funeral arrangements. July 23, 1918-December 26, 1928.
- Funeral Register. Includes name, age, and occupation of deceased, name and residence of closest relative, place, date, and cause of death, name and birthplace of father and mother (maiden name), funeral and burial place, physician's and minister's name, bill and brief description of funeral arrangements. January 12, 1929-December 4, 1935.
- Funeral Register. Includes similar information as found in volume 3. December 15, 1935-March 23, 1942.
- Funeral Register. Includes similar information as found in volume 3 and adds if deceased is a veteran. April 2, 1942-December 21, 1946.
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy