Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
First Presbyterian Church (Norwalk, Ohio) - MS 386 mf
The records of the First Presbyterian Church, Norwalk, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, in September 1984, with the cooperation of Shirley Brown. The collection consists of three record books dating from 1830-1950. Included in these record books are the session minutes (1856-1950), annual church meeting minutes (1864-1899, 1902-1924), membership/communicants listings (1830-1950), baptisms (1830-1950), marriages (1926-1950), deaths (1926-1950), and lists of pastors and elders for a few dates between 1898-1939. In the last record book, statistical reports are included with the session minutes.
In August 1991, a marriage record book and a subscription list from this Church were transferred from the Firelands Historical Society to be microfilmed as an addition to this collection. The record of marriages was kept by Rev. Alfred Newton between 1835 and 1878. The subscription list shows the names of those who provided funds to help keep the Church out of debt in 1894.
No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. This finding aid was prepared by Ann Bowers in October 1984 and updated in August 1991.
- Record Book, 1830-1899
- Record Book, 1898-1923, list of communicants dating up to 1937
- Record Book, 1923-1950, list of communicants dates from 1903
- Marriage Record Book, (kept by Rev. Alfred Newton), 1835-1878
- Subscription List, 1894
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy