Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. John Lutheran Church (Hopewell Township, Mercer County, Ohio) - MS 405 mf
The St. John Lutheran Church, Hopewell Township, Mercer County, Ohio were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, with the cooperation of Patricia S. Hirschfeld.
This collection consists of four record books, English translations (loose pages), and two (2) early church histories. The church was founded in 1861. The records date from 1863 to the present. The original members were from the province Mecklenburg/Schwerin in Germany. The area is Mecklenburg and the city is Schwerin.
The St. John Lutheran Church has a Celina, Ohio mailing address but the church itself is located in Hopewell Township, Mercer County, Ohio, not within the city limits of Celina, Ohio.
This register was prepared in March 1998 by Molly Biddle. No restrictions apply to the use of this collection.
- Record Books (includes births and Baptisms 1855-1877, Confirmations, Marriages and Deaths). 1860-1879
- Record Book (includes the wife's maiden name and children), 1880-1919
- Record Book/Translation (The translation is for the 1880-1919 Record Book.), 1860-1908
- Record Book (Poor quality photocopies), 1905-1919
- Record Book, 1919-1950
- Record Book, 1955-1977
- Record Book, 1977-1997
- Minute Book (Written in German, no translation.), 1863-1892
- Printed Material (historical information on the church), 1954?, 1982?, n.d.
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy