Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Holy Trinity Catholic Church (Bucyrus, Ohio) - MS 424 mf
The records of Holy Trinity Catholic Church were first transferred for microfilming in 1998, with the collection consisting of eight (8) volumes of records containing Baptisms, First Communions, Confirmation, Marriages and Interments as early as 1878 and continuing through April 1998.
The later records of Holy Trinity Catholic Church, 1957 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in April 2002, with the cooperation of Reverend Ronald LeJeune of Holy Trinity Catholic Church. The records on the later roll are an update to the original filming.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages* and interments. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.)
This register and this collection was prepared by Rachel Diegel in April 2002.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
The first church, bought in 1860 was an old Presbyterian meeting house. It was moved to a lot on Mary street and was fitted as a church. Father Zinsmayer was appointed in 1871 to be the first resident pastor. The first school was held in the church building. They used the church building as a school on weekdays and as a church on Sundays. Construction on a second church started in 1884, due to the need for a larger church. The first church building was moved and converted into the parish school. A second school was completed in 1911. A new church was needed in 1978 due to the growing number of members. It was completed in 1979.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Section Missionary and Parish History. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 35 - 39.
- Baptisms, 1882-May 1924
- Baptisms, June 1924-1926
- Record Book, 1893-1941
- First Communion/Confirmation, 1941-1993
- Marriages, 1882-1939
- Marriages, 1917-1995
- Interments, 1878-April 1998
- Interments and Cemetery Lots, 1891-1993
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1927-September 1956
Roll 3 (Restrictions APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1957 - 1975
- Baptisms, 1975 - 1998
- Baptisms, 1998 - 2002
- First Communions, 1985 - 2001
- Confirmations, 1995 - 2002
- Marriages, 1995 - 2001
- Interments, 1998 - 2002
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy