Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Evansport First United Methodist Church (Evansport, Ohio) - MS 445 mf
The records of Evansport United Methodist Church, Evansport, Ohio were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, with the cooperation of Tanya Brunner.
This collection consists of 14 (fourteen) record books and 2 (two) photographs. St. John's Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1840. Today the church is part of the Evansport United Methodist Church in Evansport, Ohio. The two church record books contain baptisms, marriages and deaths. There are 12 (twelve) record books of the Ladies' Aid, the Northern Lights Sunday Class, and the Woman's Society of Christian Service which contain the minutes of each group as well as death dates of the members. Records identified with an asterisk (*) in the inventory below were originally from St. John's Methodist Episcopal Church, Tiffin Township, Defiance County, Ohio, now a part of the Evansport United Methodist Church, Evansport, Ohio.
This register was prepared in April 1999 by Mollie Biddle. No restrictions apply to the use of this collection.
- Church Record, 1922-1956
- Church Record, 1948-1957
- Minutes--Ladies Aid, September 19, 1924-February 15, 1939
- Minutes--Northern Lights Sunday Class, December 19, 1914-December 1934
- Minutes--Northern Lights Sunday Class, January 17, 1935-December 13, 1945
- Minutes--Northern Lights Sunday Class, January 10, 1946-September 21, 1955
- Minutes--Woman's Society of Christian Service, 1940-June 21, 1946
- Minutes--Woman's Society of Christian Service, 1947-June 16, 1950
- Minutes--Woman's Society of Christian Service, June 1950-May 21, 1958
- *Record Book--Treasurer, Woman's Society of Christian Service, September 1, 1942-May 2, 1963
- *Minutes--Ladies' Aid, September 1924-August 20, 1935
- *Minutes--Ladies' Aid, September 1935-1946
- *Minutes--Woman's Society of Christian Service, January 1947-May 7, 1958
- *Minutes--Woman's Society of Christian Service, July 2, 1958-June 1, 1966
- *Photographs (2) Evansport United Methodist, December 19, 1915
- J. W. Shuter Sunday School Class Photo, 1915
- Baptism & Membership Cards, 1881-1965
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy