Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Paul's Lutheran Church (Lyme Township, Huron County, Ohio) - MS 596 mf
The records of the St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Lyme Township, Huron County, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections on April 4, 1991, with the cooperation of David Morgan, Milan, Ohio. The collection consists of two volumes of Record Books, dating from 1861 to 1990, and including such membership information as baptisms, confirmations, marriages, communicants, and burials.
No restrictions exist on the use of this collection and duplication is permissible for research purposes. The finding aid was prepared by Ann Bowers, Assistant Director, in May 1991.
St. Paul's Lutheran Church was organized in 1861 as a member of the Joint Synod of Ohio and located 2.5 miles east and south of Bellevue in Lyme Township, Huron County, Ohio. The Church was served by pastors from the St. John's Lutheran Churches in Bellevue near Monroeville in Gorton Township, Erie County, Ohio. These pastors included Christian Buechler (1868-1883), H. G. Sutter (1884-1893), W. E. Schuette (1893-1901), and W. H. Lehmann (1902-1910). The congregations separated in 1914.
Source: Evangelical Lutheran Church Archives
- Record Book, 1861-1922
- Record Book, 1923-1990
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy