Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
First Baptist Church (Ridgefield Township, Huron County, Ohio) - MS 629 mf
The records from the First Baptist Church, Ridgefield Township, Huron County, Ohio were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University on January 3, 1992, with the cooperation of David Morgan, Milan Public Library, and George Drake, Monroeville, Ohio. The collection consists of three volumes of record books, dating from the church's establishment in 1836 to 1935. The record books include meeting minutes and membership lists, both of which document the baptisms, marriages, deaths and admittance and discharge of members. The second volume is difficult to read as the ink has greatly faded. A typed transcript of this volume, however, has been completed and it follows the volume on the microfilm. Completing the collection are two church histories.
No restrictions exist on the use of this microfilm edition and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The finding aid was prepared by Ann Bowers in January 1992.
- Record Book, 1836, 1838, 1839, 1842-1892
- Record Book, September 1850-January 1881
- Typed Transcript of Record Book, September 1850-January 1881
- Record Book (membership information dated from 1840s-1933; one entry of meeting minutes at back of volume dated May 1937), December 1880-May 1935
- Church Histories (handwritten manuscript documenting fifty years of the church's history, ca. 1886 and newspaper clipping, n.d.
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy