Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. John the Baptist Catholic Church (Glandorf, Ohio) - MS 791 mf
The records of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church were initially transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in August 1999 with the cooperation of Mary Ellen Hawker.
This first collection includes twelve (12) volumes of records containing information on baptisms, first communions, confirmations, marriages and deaths ranging inclusively from 1834-1980. The earliest records are written in Latin. The collection also contains one (1) volume detailing the history of the church from 1884-1995.
The later records of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 1967 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in May 2002, with the cooperation of Reverend Harold Brown of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church. The records on this later roll are an update to the original filming.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages* and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.)
This register and this collection was prepared by Rachel Diegel in May 2002.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
The first church was a small log cabin that Father Horstman had. The first mass was held on March 30, 1834. A new church was completed and dedicated on February 26, 1837 because of the arrival of new immigrants. With the new church they also built a log school with Father Horstman as the first teacher. Eight years later, the congregation got too large for the church and a third church was necessary. The new church was started in 1846 and completed in 1848. The forth and present church was completed in 1878 due to the need for a larger church.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Section Missionary and Parish History. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 153 - 159.
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1834-1851; (Deaths) 1834-1858
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1852-1881
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1882-1907
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1908-1927
- Record Book (Confirmations/First Communions), 1857-1939
- Record Book (Confirmations), 1942-1987
- Record Book (First Communions), 1940-1980
- Record Book (Marriages), 1834-1908
- Record Book (Marriages), 1908-1978
- Record Book (Deaths), 1859-1901
- Record Book (Deaths), 1900-1979
Roll 3 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1928-1935
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1935-1966
- Church History, 1884-1995
Roll 5 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1967 - 2002
- First Communions, 1981 - 2002
- Confirmations, 1988 - 2002
- Marriages, 1979 - 2001
- Deaths, 1980 - 2002
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy