Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Casimir Catholic Church (Fremont, Ohio) - MS 836 mf
The records of St. Casimir Catholic Church 1915 - 2000, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in March 2001, with the cooperation of Father Robert J. Weithman of St. Casimir Catholic Church and Frank Beier of the Catholic Diocese of Toledo, Ohio.
The collection consists of baptisms * first communions, confirmations, marriages * and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some records are in Latin or Spanish.
This register and this collection were prepared by Jennifer Golis in March 2001.
* There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
St. Casimir Catholic Church began with a decree from Bishop Schrembs on December 13, 1914. It was established as a national parish for the Polish people in the area. The first resident pastor was Reverend Francis S. Legowski, who began in 1915. Their church and school was completed in January 1916.
In 1967, the school was closed due to a small enrollment and a lack of teaching Sisters. Once the school was closed the children of the parish attended St. Ann School.
Sources: History of the Diocese of Toledo, Northern Ohio - West Central and Central Sections.
- Record Book, 1919 - 1955
- First Communion
- First Communion, 1984 - 1992
- Death, 1915 - 1957
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Record Book, 1951 - 2000
- First Communion
- Baptism, 1915 - 1951
- Baptism, 1960 - 2000
- Marriage, 1915 - 1950
- Marriage, 1980 - 2000
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy