Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Louis Catholic Church (Custar, Ohio) - MS 839 mf
The records of St. Louis Catholic Church, 1868 - 2000, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403 with the cooperation of Reverend Paul A. Fahrbach of St. Louis Catholic Church, Custar, Ohio.
The collection consists of baptisms * first communions, confirmations, marriages*, deaths, interments, and Devotion to Blessed Sacrament minutes. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some records are in Latin.
This register for St. Louis Catholic Church was compiled by Matthew D. Henning, in April 2001.
* There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
In 1858, St. Louis Catholic Church became a Station of Maumee, Ohio. Since there was no church, Father Seraphin Bauer led services in the home of Mrs. John Louy. In 1864, the first church was built and St. Louis Catholic Church became a Mission of Perrysburg. The parish became a Mission of Providence in 1869.
The first resident pastor was assigned to the parish in 1875. His name was Father Henry Doerner. In 1891, a new church was built to replace the first church that was partially destroyed by a fire in 1889.
Between 1883 and 1893, the Deshler parish was a Mission of Custar. In 1970, Deshler once again became a Mission of Custar.
Sources: History of the Diocese of Toledo, Northern Ohio - West Central and Central Sections.
- Record Book, 1868 - 1882
- Record Book, 1882 - 1912
- Interments, 1910 - 1925
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Record Book, 1882 - 1934
- Record Book, 1933 - 1991
- Record Book, 1962 - 1999
- Record Book, 1988 - 2000
- Baptisms, 1885 - 1934
- Baptisms, 1954 - 1967
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy