Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Stryker United Methodist Church (Stryker, Ohio) - MS 873 mf
The Stryker United Methodist Church Collection was transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in August 2001 through the cooperation of Tanya Brunner.
No restrictions exist on the use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and research. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in November 2001.
Methodist congregations were some of the first to be established in Williams County, with a small society established in 1833 centered around the Colgan family. The Stryker Circuit of the Methodist Episcopal Church grew out of these early congregations and in 1870 the Circuit included Stryker, Springfield, Archbold, Pulaski, Fountain Chapel, and Colgan. The Methodist Church in Stryker was built in 1862 or 1863, with John R. Colgan as its first minister.
- Record Book, 1821-1875
- Record Book, 1869-1917
- Historical Record
- Pastoral and Statistical Record
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy