Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. James Catholic Church (Toledo, Ohio) - MS 941 mf
The records of St. James Catholic Church, 1913 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in March 2002, with the cooperation of Reverend Paul M. Kwiatkowski of St. James Catholic Church.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages* and interments. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some text in Latin.
This register and this collection was prepared by Rachel Diegel and Kathleen Gardner in March 2002.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
St. James Catholic Church in Toledo was formed in 1913 out of portions of the territories of Immaculate Conception, Sts. Peter and Paul, and St. Charles parishes. The parish's first pastor was Reverend James S. Arnoldi. They held services at a rented hall until they completed their church in late 1914. The parish lost many members in 1918 when Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church was formed out of the territory of St. James Catholic Church.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Central Section Toledo and Lucas County. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 150 - 152.
- Baptisms, 1913 - 1923
- First Communions, 1914 - 1950
- First Communions, 1950 - 2001
- Confirmations, 1914 - 1949
- Confirmations, 1950 - 1972
- Confirmations, 1975 - 2000
- Interments, 1913 - 2001
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1923 - 1935
- Baptisms, 1935 - 1944
- Baptisms, 1945 - 1950
- Baptisms, 1951 -1960
- Baptisms, 1960 - 1974
- Baptisms, 1974 - 2002
Roll 3 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Marriages, 1914 - 1946
- Marriages, 1945 - 1964
- Marriages, 1964 - 2001
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy