Center for Archival Collections

Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage

St. Peter Catholic Church (Archbold, Ohio) - MS 947 mf

Introduction | Agency History | Order of Microfilming

 Introduction

The records of St. Peter Catholic Church, 1865- 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in March 2002, with the cooperation of Reverend Gary M. Ferguson of St. Peter Catholic Church.

The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages* and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some text is in Latin.

This register and this collection was prepared by Rachel Diegel in April 2002.

*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.

 Agency History

The parish of St. Peter Catholic Church in Archbold began as a Station of St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church in Toledo in 1847. The care of this Station was transferred to Defiance in 1850. The parish of Defiance helped Archbold build their first church, which was the first church in all of Fulton County. The Station became a Mission when the church was completed. The care of the Mission was transferred to Providence in 1854. It was transferred to Stryker in 1865, then to Edgerton in 1867. The parish built their second church in 1869.

The first resident pastor was Reverend Polydore H. Delbaere. He was assigned to St. Peter Catholic Church in 1875. When Archbold received a resident pastor they began to serve many Missions in the surrounding area. These included St. Caspar in Wauseon, St. John in Stryker, and St. Patrick in Bryan, as well as the Station of Spring Hill.

The parish began building their third church in 1906. The church was completed in 1908. A parochial school was completed in 1924.

Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Section Missionary and Parish History. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 80 - 86.

 Order of Microfilming

Roll 1

  1. Record Book, 1865 - 1883
    • Baptisms
    • Confirmations
    • Marriages
    • Deaths
  2. Record Book, 1893 - 1899
    • Confirmations
    • Marriages
    • Deaths
  3. Record Book, 1865 - 1921
    • Baptisms
    • First Communions
    • Confirmations
    • Marriages
    • Deaths
    • Financial Records
  4. Baptisms, 1884 - 1898

Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)

  1. Record Book, 1921 - 1949
    • Baptisms
    • First Communions
    • Confirmations
    • Marriages
    • Deaths
  2. Record Book, 1949 - 1968
    • Baptisms
    • First Communions
    • Confirmations
    • Marriages
    • Deaths
  3. Record Book, 1968- 1996
    • Baptisms
    • First Communions
    • Confirmations
    • Marriages
    • Deaths
  4. Record Book, 1986 - 2001
    • Baptisms
    • First Communions
    • Confirmations
    • Marriages
    • Deaths

Roman Catholic Churches | Access to Diocese Records | Fulton County Churches
Manuscripts by Subject | Churches by Denomination | Churches by Location