Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church (Marygrove, Ohio) - MS 961 mf
The records of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 1865 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in May 2002, with the cooperation of Reverend Bruce L. Farmer of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages*, book of the elect, deaths, interments and census. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some text is in Latin.
This register and this collection was prepared by Rachel Diegel in May 2002.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
The parish of Immaculate Conception in Marygrove began as a Station of St. Francis de Sales in Toledo beginning in the year 1847. By the end of the year in 1847 the parish completed its first church. With the completion of the church building the status of the parish changed from a Station to a Mission. In 1849, the care of the Mission was transferred to Maumee.
In 1863, the parish began building a frame church to replace the log chapel. It was completed in 1864. The original chapel was turned into a school.
Reverend Charles Barbier became the parish's first resident priest in 1865. Ten years later the parish built their third church because the second church was completed destroyed by a fire. The third church was completed in 1878, but was destroyed by a cyclone in 1880. The third church was reconstructed, but was completely destroyed in 1920 by a tornado. The parish began rebuilding their church in 1924. It was completed in 1925. This church is still used today.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Central Section Toledo and Lucas County. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 185 - 187.
- Record Book, 1865 - 1912
- First Communions
- Certificate of Baptisms and Confirmations, 1895 - 1912
- Record Book, 1910 - 1966
- First Communions
- First Communions, 1967 - 2002
- Confirmations, 1967 - 2002
- Book of the Elect, 1989 - 2002
- Interments, 1894 - 1969
- Deaths, 1967 - 2002
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1886 - 1956
- Baptisms, 1957 - 2002
- Marriages, 1910 - 1972
- Marriages, 1973 - 2001
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy