Center for Archival Collections

Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage

Nevada Evangelical Lutheran Church (Nevada, Ohio) - MS 971 mf

Introduction | Agency History | Order of Microfilming

 Introduction

The records of the Nevada Evangelical Lutheran Church, Nevada, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in July 2002, with the cooperation of the Andora Kinsey. The collection consists of three volumes of record books, 1859-1974, which contain information on births, baptisms, confirmations, communions, marriages, deaths, lists of Officials, church history, and a church constitution.

The collection was prepared for microfilming by Linda Eynon and the finding aid completed by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, in September 2002.

 Agency History

Reverend A.B. Kirtland organized the Nevada Evangelical Lutheran Church on February 5, 1850. Rev. Kirtland was the pastor of the Upper Sandusky church. The Nevada congregation remained a part of the Upper Sandusky church until 1866, when the Nevada congregation split and formed their own separate parish.

In 1903 a new stone church was built to replace the original frame building that was constructed in 1859.

 Order of Microfilming

Roll 1

  1. Record book, Feb 5, 1859-May 7, 1922
  2. Record book, Jan 1, 1919-July 6, 1947
  3. Record book, May 26, 1942-Apr 14, 1974

Evangelical Lutheran Churches | Wyandot County Churches
Manuscripts by Subject | Churches by Denomination | Churches by Location