Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church (Ottawa, Ohio) - MMS 1391 mf
The records of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church from 1872-1980 were initially transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in August 1995 with the cooperation of Edward Smidebush, Business Manager.
This first collection includes twelve (18) volumes of records containing information on baptisms, first communions, confirmations, marriages and deaths ranging inclusively from 1872-1980. The earliest records are written in Latin. The collection also contains one (1) volume of cemetery plat maps.
The later records of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, 1980 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in May 2002, with the cooperation of Reverend Thomas W. Hemm of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church. The records on this later roll are an update to the original filming.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages*, book of the elect and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.)
This register and this collection was prepared by Rachel Diegel in May 2002.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
The first church was started in 1868 and was completed in 1872. In a one-room building, Father Roessner served as the teacher of the first school around 1876 and in 1887 a new four-room school was built. The first church was not large enough for all the members so in 1917 it was enlarged. The remodeling was completed in 1918. By 1920 the four-room school was too small so a new two-story grade school was built in 1921. In 1923 father Krull started Saints Peter and Paul High School. A new high school building was built in 1955. The high school was discontinued in 1961. A second church was built in 1968 because the old church needed a lot of repair.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Section Missionary and Parish History. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 173 - 177.
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1872-1907
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1908-1923
- Record Book (Confirmations/First Communions), 1879-1922
- Record Book (First Communion), 1923
- Record Book (Marriages and Deaths), 1873-1923
- Record Book (Marriages), 1908-1923
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1924-1931
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1931-1952
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1952-1968
- Record Book (Baptisms), 1968-1979
- Record Book (First Communion), 1938-1943
- Record Book (First Communion), 1968-1979
- Record Book (Interments), 1924-1980
- Record Book (Marriages), 1924-1951
- Record Book (Confirmations), 1948-1974
- Record Book (Confirmations), 1974-1979
- Record Book (First Communions and Confirmations), 1924-1944
- Cemetery Plat Maps, n.d.
Roll 4 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1980 - 2002
- First Communions, 1980 - 2002
- Confirmations, 1980 - 2002
- Marriages, 1980 - 2002
- Book of the Elect, 1980 - 2002
- Deaths, 1980 - 2002
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy