Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
Woodlawn United Methodist Church (Bucyrus, Ohio) - MS 1039 mf
The records from Woodlawn United Methodist Church, Bucyrus, Ohio were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming in September 2005 with the cooperation of Mary Fox and Dixie Striker. Included with this collection are the records of the New Winchester United Methodist Church.
This church was organized in 1891 and originally known as the United Brethren Church in Christ. Rev. C. F. Hill was the minister. A German Reformed Church was purchased and moved to a lot on the corner of Middletown and Easy Streets. After the congregation out grew this church a brick church was built to replace it at the corner of Woodlawn and Easy Streets. The cornerstone for this church was laid in 1901.
When the Evangelical Church and the United Brethren Church in Christ Church united the name was changed to Woodlawn Evangelical United Brethren Church.
In 1966 a third church was built to accommodate a larger congregation which was located on Hopley Avenue. Then in 1970 when the Evangelical United Brethren Church united with the Methodist Church the church name was changed to Woodlawn United Methodist Church.
The New Winchester United Methodist Church closed its doors in 1987 and merged with Woodlawn United Methodist Church. The New Winchester church had organized in 1850 under the name New Winchester United Brethren. The newly merged church retained the name Woodlawn United Methodist Church.
The above history was compiled based on information obtained from the “Mansfield District East Ohio Conference United Methodist Church Local Church Directory” (revised April 1996) and from information provided by Carol Holliger, archivist, Archives of Ohio United Methodism, Beeghley Library, Ohio Wesleyan University.
Woodlawn United Methodist Church
- Membership Record (Bucyrus Station Society of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ), 1892 – 1937
- Church Record (First Church of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ), 1934 – 1964
- Church Record (Church of the United Brethren in Christ at Woodlawn Ave.), 1950 – 1955
- Church Record (Woodlawn Church), 1955 – 2000
- Membership Record, 1989 – 1993
- Membership Record, 2000 – 2005
New Winchester United Methodist Church
- Church Membership Record (New Winchester Evangelical United Brethren), 1942 – 1955; 1966 – 1974
- Church Membership Record (The Evangelical United Brethren Church), 1958 – 1975
- Church Membership Record (The Evangelical United Brethren Church), 1974 - 1984
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy