BGSU Trivia Quiz #3 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- Once the City of Bowling Green had been selected as the site of a new state normal school in 1910, a specific plot of land had to be chosen. Alternatives included all of the following except:
- b) The property bounded by Main, Ridge, Thurstin, and Wooster
- What tradition was established January 16, 1950, at a BG-OU basketball game?
- a) Freddie Falcon appeared. He was originated by the service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega
- Sic Sic, the secret spirit organization was formed in 1946 by
- a) President Frank J. Prout
- He served on the Board of Trustees for 20 years, acting during the terms of four BGSU presidents. He practiced law and served as mayor of BG. Who is he?
- c) Alva Bachman, trustee from 1944-1964
- Early BG athletic teams were often referred to as all of the following except:
- b) Black Swampers. Nearly all the Normal schools of the time were called Normals, Teachers and Pedagogues
- The first pizza place in BG to offer delivery service
- c) Falcon Pizza, presently the location of Myles Pizza
- The College of Business Administration was established in 1935. As it grew, business classes were held in Hayes and Moseley Halls, and in Prout Chapel until the Business Administration Building was dedicated in
- c) 1972
- This was the last of the large residential complexes to be built by the University. The complex was completed in 1971 to serve as upper class dormitories and named
- c) Offenhauer Towers, 1971. (McDonald 1962, Kreischer 1966, Rodgers, 1955)
- Built in 1939, a Dutch Windmill on Clough Street has been a unique landmark in Bowling Green. It has served many purposes except for
- a) Pumping water for a fountain in the pond--that was the intended purpose, but the winds of BG were not suited to this plan.
- What was the first year men students were allowed and able to live on campus?
- d) 1939 is when the first men's dorm, Kohl Hall opened for 130 male freshmen and 25 upperclasmen. At the time, Kohl was the furthest campus building from the women's dorms.
- BG's first appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament was in
- d) 1959. Marquette 89, BG 71. Played at the University of Kentucky
- Which of the following is not a position in Lacrosse?
- b) Blocker