BGSU Trivia Quiz #12 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- The musical organization on campus was organized during the first year of the college and was continued for many years. This girls glee club was called:
- c) Treble Clef Club
- Bowling Green’s enrollment passed 10,000 for the first time in
- c) 1966 enrollment listed 10,315
- The first college orchestra was started during the 1917-18 school year by Calvin C. Biery, a professor of
- c) penmanship and also the Director of Rural Education
- Professor of English and Writer-in-Residence, his novel Stealing Home, was selected as an alternate by Book-of-the-Month Club
- d) Philip F. O’Connor
- The telephone number, 372-2445, is the most frequently called number on campus. What number is this?
- a) Fact Line
- In what Bowling Green club sport is there a scrum?
- a) rugby
- BG’s “ketchup factory” was the
- b) Heinz Plant
- Where was the “Old Pump House” located?
- At Jerome Library site. This old pump house was a small brick structure built in 1948 for the University irrigatiaon system. It served as a house for the campus police, the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, and was razed in 1965.
- The University’s educational summer theater is the oldest continuing summer theater program in Ohio. The Huron Playhouse began in
- c) 1948
- What is the name of BGSU’s Women’s Greek Council
- b) Panhel, Panhellenic Council
- Although football began at BG in 1919, the team’s first victory was not posted until November 6, 1920. Who was the opponent?
- b) Kent State (BG 7-KS 0)
- Which NFL football team held their training camp at BGSU?
- c) Cleveland Browns