BGSU Historic Campus Tour
Sebo Athletic Center
|The Sebo Athletic Center is the newest sports facility on the BGSU campus. One of the major capital projects of the "Building Dreams: The Centennial Campaign for BGSU," the facility is named for J. Robert "Bob" Sebo of Salem, Ohio, a 1958 graduate of BGSU and member of the Board of Trustees.|
Completed in the spring of 2007, the Sebo Athletic Center had its official dedication at the first home football game in the fall. The privately funded center, located in the north end zone of Perry Stadium, has become the stadium's new front entrance. At approximately 33,500 square feet, the new two-story building features an expanded and state-of-the-art sports medicine and rehabilitation facility and a strength and conditioning area for all University student athletes. Football coaches' and athletic department offices, a video equipment and viewing room, team meeting rooms and conference rooms enhance other existing facilities. A heritage room and an outdoor pavilion overlooking the playing field also are features of the building. The dedication of the Sebo Athletic Center was a highlight of the 2007 football season.
Listed below are additional highlights in the history of the building: