BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Wolfe Center for the Arts

Continue Walking Tour | Academic Tour

Located on the site of the former Saddlemire Student Services Building, the Wolfe Center for the Arts is located between the Fine Arts Building and the Moore Musical Arts Center.  Named for Mary and Frederic Wolfe, the building is approximately 225,000 square feet and integrates with the University's Master Plan, providing a space for collaborative work and study among all the fine and performing arts.

Building 1

Listed below are features of the building:

  • Thomas B. and Kathleen M. Donnell Theatre, housing the main stage
  • Eva Marie Saint Theater, named for the 1946 graduate who was involved in acting, set and costume production, and went on to become the well-known, successful actress who won an Oscar in 1960 for On the Waterfront with Marlon Brando
  • Margit Bloch Heskett classroom and dance studio
  • a sound stage and production support areas
  • departmental offices
  • Theater and Film Studies classrooms
  • electronic recording studio
  • collaborative vocal music, school of art, and dance studios
  • student technology center
  • mosaics from ancient Antioch depicting theatrical masks, Dionysus, and flora and fauna
  • Photo Gallery

Presentation by Architect

In January 2009, Craig Dykers, a principal and founding member of Snøhetta, gave a presentation to students in Jon Stevens’ architecture class and gave a talk about the philosophy underlying the award-winning company’s work. This architectural firm designed the University’s new Wolfe Center for the Arts. The center is the first project Snøhetta completed in the United States.