BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Ivy Hall

Continue Buildings of the Past Tour

First built in 1904, Ivy Hall, located at the northwest corner of Thurstin and Wooster St., was initially the Lefevere Arms Company, manufacturer of shotguns. The next occupant was an undergarment manufacturer, Monarch Woolen Works. From 1918-1926 Universal Machine Company operated a machine shop. The building was a chicken hatchery until the University purchased it in 1947 to use as a warehouse. The words "Chicken Hatchery" on the outside of the building

Ivy Hall
were soon hidden by ivy trained to grow up the wall, hence the name. In 1948 several fraternities called Ivy Hall home until 1952 when it was remodeled to house women. The last occupant was Delta Upsilon Fraternity when the building was condemned in 1961 and demolished in 1962.

Original Location: NW corner Thurstin & Wooster