BGSU Historic Campus Tour
Falcon's Nest (Old)
The Falcon's Nest, a log building, was constructed in 1942, to serve as a social gathering place for students. The second floor was used as a residence for men in a time of scarce housing. Soon the student population outgrew the Nest, and the building was sold to the Portage, Ohio American Legion. In March 1955, it was disassembled, loaded on trailers, driven down Wooster to Main Street, and south to Portage where it is still in use. When the first Student Union opened, the name Falcon's Nest
was retained for the most popular eatery and gathering place on campus.
For more information about the Falcon's Nest, see the article in Centennial Perspectives.