BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1930-1940 Central Campus

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: Between 1928 and 1931

View: Looking SSW, from above Oak Grove Cemetery

Special Features: The Men's Gymnasium (built 1927) is present, next to some wooden bleachers by the athletic field. The power plant (to the left of the large administration building) is easily seen here. The Practical Arts Building (now Hayes Hall, built 1931) is represented only by a sidewalk leading to an empty space (lower right). Above this, through the trees, can be seen a small developed area referred to as the "amphitheater" where graduation ceremonies and other events were sometimes held.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives