BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1940-1950 Campus View, 1938-1941

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: 1940s (pre-war)

View: Looking east, slightly toward the north

Special Features: By 1940, the central campus was complete, with residence halls, classrooms, library, and athletic facilities in place. The triangular area lined with shrubs to the left of Willilams and Shatzel Halls was used as an Amphitheater for graduation exercises and other events. The view off-campus makes it clear that the university was on the very edge of town.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives