BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1940-1950 Central Campus

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: About 1949

View: Looking east

Special Features: After the war, the University continued to grow. While the entrance boulevard was maintained, the campus was beginning to grow to the west into the city. Ivy Hall, a residence hall, can be seen in the lower right corner. The large building to the lower left of the boulevard is the Gate Theater, named in part for its location at the "gate" of the University. At the top right of the photograph is Kohl Hall, with the Commons just to the left.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives