BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1940-1950 Falcon Heights

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: About 1943

View: Looking slightly east, from about Thurstin Avenue

Special Features: Military barracks and trailers were installed on the north end of the campus just west of Oak Grove Cemetery to accommodate troops stationed at BGSU for training. In the 1960s, these buildings were replaced by a complex of classroom buildings for the sciences. The city houses in the left of this view will later make way for McDonald Hall and Offenhauer Towers.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives