BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1940-1950 ca. 1942

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: About 1942

View: Looking east along Wooster Street

Special Features: Thanks to World War II, changes are already taking place on campus. Barracks have been built at the east end of the athletic field for military personnel. The Navy V-5 program provided needed flight training for the war effort. Johnston Hall served as the campus hospital, and sorority cottages were added to help ease the housing shortage. The long building in the lower right corner of the photograph was "Ivy Hall," used for additional housing.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives