BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1950-1960 Athletic Field & East Campus

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: 1950s

View: Looking north from Clough toward campus

Special Features: The athletic field is the center of the east campus. The Commons (a wooden frame building) tucked behind Kohl Hall and the barracks-style buildings at the right of the athletic field are the legacy of BGSU's wartime use as a military training post. The increase in enrollment during the post-war period created a need for additional housing. The cottage-style houses seen here have been used by fraternities since their construction in the late 1940s and early 1950s.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives