Special Features: Ridge Street forms the left-edge of this view of Overman Hall. The photograph was taken soon after construction was completed in 1951. It formed the first of a complex of buildings devoted to the study of the sciences. The city residences seen here in the top of the picture would be replaced during the 1960s with McDonald Quad, a residence hall. At the bottom of the picture, the Oak Grove Cemetery Mausoleum is just visible through the trees.