BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1950-1960 Founders Hall Under Construction

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: About 1954

View: Looking east, just west of Thurstin Street

Special Features: At the center-right side of the photograph can be seen the beginning of construction on Founders and West Hall, the first buildings erected on the south side of the main University entrance drive since the 1920s. The long building at the lower left of the entrance drive is the Gate Theater, built 1948 and demolished in 1961. The new residence hall, Rodgers Quadrangle can be seen at the top center.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives