BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1950-1960 West Campus, Early 1950s

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: Early 1950s

View: Looking north from Wooster, comprehensive view

Special Features: From the corner of Thurstin and Wooster to the airport, about half of the campus is in view here. The Gate Theater sits just west of the entrance drive to the university. The old Falcon's Nest roof is just visible among the trees at the center of the photograph. Overman Hall (completed 1951) has replaced some of the large barracks and trailer housing installed by the military during World War II. Still, much of the wood frame buildings (for example, those east of the Gymnasium and at the top of the photograph) remain and were used at the time for faculty and married student housing.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives