BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1950-1960 East Campus, ca. 1950

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: About 1950

View: Looking NNW from above Mercer, comprehensive view

Special Features: Enrollment mushroomed after World War II and a building boom was about to get underway at BGSU. Many of the war era barracks buildings remain at the right of the athletic field, by Kohl Hall (the Commons), by the Gymnasium complex, and to the left of Oak Grove Cemetery. The first phase of construction of the Fine Arts Building has just been completed, at right, above the semi-circle of cottage-style housing. The Gate Theater (built 1948-1949) is the large building just visible at left.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives